Water bills are mailed on a quarterly basis in January, April, July and October each year. Rates are based on water usage for the billing period along with a standard set fee based on your meter size.
If you have questions about your bill, please refer to our rates or service charges sections for a breakdown of charges. Should you need additional information, please send us an e-mail or contact us at 610-779-4900 during our normal business hours.
>> view our current rate schedule
We offer a few convenient ways to pay your bill. You may pay your water bill online (NEW!), by mail, or drop off your payment at our office (in person or in our dropbox after hours).
MAKE AN ONLINE PAYMENT
Mt. Penn B.M.A. now offers the convenience of accepting MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Visa credit cards for water/sewer bills. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at 610-779-4900.
>> view more information and pay your bill online
PAY YOUR BILL IN PERSON
Address: 200 N. 25th Street, Reading, PA 19606
Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM, 1:00 – 4:00 PM
After office hours, you can drop off your payment in the drop off box located to the left of the front door at the Mt. Penn Borough building.
TO PAY YOUR BILL BY MAIL
Mount Penn Borough Municipal Authority (MPBMA)
P. O. BOX 4249, Reading, PA 19606
Please make checks payable to Mt Penn BMA.
LOW INCOME HOUSEHOLD WATER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
LIHWAP (Low Income Household Water Assistance Program)is a temporary emergency program to help low-income families pay overdue water bills. LIHWAP is a grant. You do not have to repay it.
Learn more about who is eligible and how to receive help from LIHWAP:
> Download the LIHWAP informational flyer
> Download a LIHWAP application
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Bills are mailed quarterly the months of January, April, July and October each year.
- A 10 % penalty will be added if payment is not received in the Authority off before 4:00 PM on the due date.
- A $30.00 fee will be applied if the bill is not paid after the past due date is reached.
- If payment is not received within 60 days from the date of the original bill, water service will be disconnected.
- If service is disconnected , a $50.00 turn-on fee will be charged to resume service. Service will be resumed within 24 hours of payment being received.
Copies of the rules and regulations are available at our office.
>> view Resolution #01-2016 amending the Authority’s Rules & Regulations