It is the Water Authority’s job to safeguard the quality of the drinking water while working to ensure a reliable long-term supply for our community.
- To protect its drinking water, MPBMA. is working with the Department of Environmental Protection to develop a Source Water Protection plan.
- Information on water quality is provided periodically to the public via our annual Water Quality Report.
- MPBMA is required by PaDEP to conduct water tests for various pollutants including nitrates.
- Periodically, you will see our personnel releasing water from hydrants. Hydrant flushing is necessary to test the hydrants to make sure adequate flow and pressure is available.
- MPBMA offers an EnviroScape storm water pollution demonstration for interested groups.
- We encourage our customers to protect the environment and conserve our water resources.